carpenter ants prevention is achieved by taking care of conditions both inside and outside which make them to invade your house. Hereare some point you should keep in mind to make your home less attractive to ants. Ant prevention is the greenest thing you can do to get rid of carpenter ants .
- Clean up spilled food and beverages. Clean and sanitize food surfaces to keep crumbs and spills from attracting ants. Vacuum or sweep under appliances regularly.
- Take out the trash of your kitchen every day before going to bed.
- Rinse out jars and containers before you place them in trash cans and recycling bins.
- After feeding the pets make sure no left over food is there.
- Store the food in pest proof container.
- Make sure the doors and window are properly sealed off.
- There should be no tree limbs, vines, or shrubs which contact eaves roof or upper siding. A very few people can stay on top of exterior vegetation and keep it trimmed away on a constant basis. carpenter ants eat other insects and aphid secretions.Contacting vegetation allows easy access to nearby food sources.
- The siding of your home should not contact any substance – no landscaping materials- including beauty bark, play chips, sand, gravel, and or leaf debris. This includes all types of siding, including concrete, vinyl, brick, and wood.
- Many species of carpenter ants nest in wet and or decaying wood.Using wooden landscaping such as cherry toned timbers, treated lumber, or railroad ties in your landscaping is like installing incubators for ant populations that may later
- Seal doors and windows.
- Keep rain gutters clean to prevent moisture inside walls.Keep your gutters clean, makes sure down-spouts drain away from your home.Make sure your sub area is well ventilated and your bathroom well caulked
- Put firewood up off the ground and away from your house.
Consult with a licensed pest control operator if above mentioned tips does not work. Hiring an experienced, responsible pest control professional can increase your chance of success in getting rid of ants. If you hire an expert, be sure it’s a company with a good reputation.